Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Caused An Airport Security Breach

 

 

Polaroid Camera While checking in for a recent flight to Madrid, I discover my camera case with about $800.00 worth of camera equipment is missing.

 

 

 

 

 

Old Camera In a panic, I search the nearby area and then race back to my parked car.

 

 

 

 

peter_sellers_inspector_clouseau_pi3 Thinking I had left it there in my excitement for my trip. Out of breath, I am disappointed.

Calming down, I start thinking what would Chief Inspector Cousteau do.

Does your camera take pictures?

 

 

 

 

I quickly realized that I must have left it on the bus that bought me from airport parking to my departure terminal. Returning to my original pick up point , I see my bus driver and his bus parked away from all the other buses.

I explained my situation and he tells me he does have a camera case on board but the airport police has been called. Unaware of the contents of left behind  items or as in the airport unattended bags, he is following airport security procedures.

Fortunately, I am able to plead my case and the airport police response team is called off. I don't know to what extent this may have further developed as a security issue had I not been able to claim my camera case so quickly. Thanks, Chief Inspector.

However, there is a lesson to learn here for myself and others.

 

01%20Airport%20bus DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS UNATTENDED ANYWHERE ON AN AIRPORT PROPERTY, EVEN A PARKING LOT BUS.

 

 

 

 

No comments: